Welcome, and Hello, Newcomer!!
Read on. Really! You are not alone! We can promise you that. We really can. We can give you hope through our shared experience, strength, and hope.
You may surmise that face-to-face meetings may be far and very few in between due to the COVID19 virus. Below you will find a list of different avenues open to one and all. Choose the one that appeals to you the most or the one that you feel the most comfortable with. These several avenues are open to you to help you combat isolation & keep your program on track. Here are just a few to get you started with a couple of resources:
- Overeats Anonymous Podcasts page - https://oa.org/podcasts/
- Region One Audio, Podcasts, & Speakers page - https://www.oaregion1.org/podcasts--speakers.html
- Overeaters Anonymous: A Vision You - https://www.avision4you.info/sunday-special-edition-podcast/
- Los Angeles Inter Group Virtual Speakers Bureau https://player.fm/series/overeaters-anonymous-virtual-speakers-bureau-2551856
- San Francisco site: https://player.fm/series/overeaters-anonymous-of-san-francisco
- East Bay Unity Intergroup site: https://player.fm/series/overeaters-anonymous-east-bay-unity-intergroup
What? No meeting close to you? Be bold. Be courageous. Be a pioneering trailblazer. Start a meeting! Here will find a page with step-by-step instructions on how to do just at HOW TO START A MEETING.
And keep an eye out for local virtual/phone meetings. The webmaster will post them as they come in (Remember, the virtual and phone meetings are located all around the country and the world – make new friends in new places and maybe just get another perspective. Be sure to remember and check time differences.)
And don’t forget the TELEPHONE - speaking of which, remember that when you phone others, you not only help yourself, you are being of service to others. For many of us, Isolation/Isolating is already one of the biggest problems that can damage our programs. Please, reach out to one another, you’ll be glad you did! Service of any kind often helps you as much as it helps others in each others' efforts to stay abstinent. Your LIFE depends on it. Others' LIVES depend on it. It really is a matter of life and death (I know, a little too over-dramatic perhaps?)
Overeaters Anonymous, on its website store, has all kinds of printed material, digital material in CD's, and digital material in audio form so you can listen while driving in your car. OA literature is full of stories of recovery happening. Look for podcasts to listen to stories. Search for stories in blogs. Look for our literature such as the OA's Brown Book, "Overeaters Anonymous" Third Edition". Look in the Overeaters Anonymous Bookstore for much much more in the way reading and digital material forms. Go here to begin your shopping.