CALLING ALL LAKE COUNTRY INTERGROUP MEETINGS!!!
CALLING ALL GROUP MEETINGS! YES. That means even you tiny group of OAers who meet once a week. That means even your group deserves the right to be represented at the quarterly meetings! We really, really, really would love to see every group represented at each and every quarterly intergroup meeting.
But, webmistress, what is an intergroup? Well, my dear grasshopper (shout out if you recognize that term), I am mighty glad and very pleased you asked that. Why an intergroup is made up of meeting groups that are formed of "meetings with a common bond. An intergroup may affiliate with one national service if it exists, shall be affiliated with one region, and may participate in one or more language service boards." (from the oa page url: www.https://oa.org/service-bodies)
Webmistress, WHY should we have someone attend the quarterly meetings?
- They only happen 4 (four) times a year.
- You (or someone of your homegroup meeting's choosing) can be the first to know on decisions made on your behalf, decisions coming up and a bunch of other stuff.
- Your group meeting's Intergroup representative gets to vote! Did you know that? It's probably the most important one and I should have led with it.
- Imagine you and your meeting having a voice!!!
- A lot of times there will be things that the Intergroup Board (Bored? 8-) wants to get the group conscience opinion from all the smaller groups being represented. The Board will want the rep to take it back to their group.
- It is a vital, necessary, crucial, and indispensable form of service. Remember, service keeps you abstinent.
Quarterly IG Meeting
Everyone is encouraged & welcome to attend
Your service is important to everyone...not the least of all, you